Saturday, February 15, 2020

Portfolio Project Research

My group and I decided to reaserch the genre of musicals for our film opening.

While researching, the filmm genre for musicals are an internationally popular film genre that futures music, dancing, and songs in different combinations. The songs in the films usually advance the plot or help create and develop the characters involved. My group and I really wanted to do this genre due to the fact that one of us is passionate about singing while I am passionate about dance. The combination of the two make a great reason why we wanted to do a musical! We get to incoprorate something we love into a film! Nothing sounds better than that!

I have researched some films that are musicals. Some examples are:


The Greatest Showman (2017): is a beautiful, engaging, original musical about the early life of Phineas T. Barnum, the extraordinary American showman. This film has fun upbeat music with people trying to aspire their dreams. 
The Sound of Music (1965): The musical tells the story of Maria, who takes a job as governess to a large family while she decides whether to become a nun. She falls in love with the children, and eventually their widowed father, Captain von Trapp.

La La Land (2016):  A film that stars Ryan Gosling as a jazz pianist and Emma Stone as an aspiring actress, who meet and fall in love while pursuing their dreams in Los Angeles. This film opening stood out to me. It has a happy tone and a good choice of music.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

My CCR  here it is!!!